
Narciso Busquets and Antonio Gonzalez - La Santa Misa
*special thanks for KL from NYC for sharing this one
Narciso Busquets and Antonio Gonzalez are credited as the voices.
This LP may or may not be fitting with this weekend's Easter holiday. The title of this LP is The Holy Mass. It is entirely in Spanish and since I goofed off too much during Spanish class in high school, I can hardly tell what is being said. If I had known I would be listening to this record years after high school, I definitely would have paid more attention and made a greater effort in class rather than doing stupid stuff that teenagers (at least in America) usually do. I did find a free translation website to translate the liner notes. Having it done for free means that the translation will be rough. I have included the rough translation in the file.
It is supposed to be an LP explaining a religious ritual, I think. KL told me that he thinks it varies from unsettling to downright creepy and it's perfect for someone's Halloween mix tape. This LP is mixed with loads of reverb and includes chanting, hushed narration, bells, and a parlor organ. I think this LP sounds suitable at either Easter or Halloween. By the way, happy Easter to all.
Tracklisting: (link will be back soon)
Side One
1. Introduction {0:48}
2. Part I {14:32}
Side Two
1. Part II {15:49}
When your done huffing that rarified air of Mainstream America...give a listen to the "Up Lifting" mix I posted.
ReplyDeleteI put that Jack Van Impe LP to work that you posted.
It's not in Spanish, but it varies from unsettling to downright creepy.
Enjoy
iZen
Aw, man...this is gonna be SO COOL!!!
ReplyDeleteI bet the fact that I won't be able to understand the language will make it cooler still, and excellent fodder for the next Aural Sculpture I put together.
Your post is theme for this week. I also did something similar. visit them. The cassette is really a cure. live next door to the school of theology and throw things.
ReplyDeleteDownload it by clicking on the OOO.
http://www.agggggnes.blogspot.com/
gracias
agggnès
Aw nuts, you talked it up so nicely, and it's not there any more. Do you, by any chance, repost? Pretty ple-e-ease?
ReplyDeleteIt's now reposted just in time for Easter. :)
ReplyDelete