Wednesday, April 14, 2010

James T. Mangan - How to Sell the Prospect by Selling Yourself


James T. Mangan - How to Sell the Prospect by Selling Yourself

LP released in 1962

James T. Mangan was President of Mangan & Mangan, "a Chicago firm offering sales counseling, public relations, designed advertising, and creative advertising ideas", when this record was put out by the Businessmen's Record Club. No doubt Businessmen's Record Club LPs were common in the offices of corporate America back in the day. Anyway on this LP, Mangan has a 3-part formula which he explains:


1. How to sell yourself to the prospect

2. How to sell your product or service

3. How to sell the firm you represent


So before you can sell vacuum cleaners, swampland, or any other crap that people don't really want, you have to be able to sell yourself. You have to have self-confidence and it would help to have a network of contacts to establish your reputation. Hopefully your reputation will be a good one.
I'm wondering how successful this formula was for Mangan's own company. I went to my online best pal to find out how the company is doing today. My online best pal did not turn up anything about the company. That should tell you something. Then I asked my online best pal to find out anything about Mangan. You can click on this link to see what was turned up. I was like, wow.

I'm sure that being owner of outer space would enable one to sell oneself. If a salesman (I mean salesperson) owned outer space, I would consider buying something from the salesperson.

Tracklisting:

Side 1


1. How to Sell the Prospect by Selling Yourself {15:40}


Side 2


1. How to Sell the Prospect by Selling Yourself continued {16:31}

2 comments:

  1. And he did all this 20 years before releasing this lp! If he was a hot girl that lived with me, I'd marry him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering the fact that you've posted many LPs and cassettes by people whose minds are floating up in outer space, it's interesting to note that you now have an LP by someone who has claimed ownership of the territory. And he did all this before Scientology!
    But, this leaves a couple of open questions:
    Did he really die in 1970, or did he just transcend to a higher galaxy?
    To be a successful salesman, must one pledge allegiance to UFOs and aliens from other solar systems?

    ReplyDelete