The Electric Moog Orchestra - Music from Close Encounters of the Third Kind
LP released in 1977
Apparently I am continuing the outer space theme started with an LP by a salesman who claimed to own outer space and including two cover albums of sci-fi soundtracks. This is another album of nicely done renditions of a John Williams soundtrack with Moogs. Like the Star Wars album, this record is kitschy, but a joy to listen to. Before I forget, I should point out that the last tracks on each side of the record are actually originals by The Electric Moog Orchestra. I was thrilled to find a copy of this record in some flea market sometime after I found the Star Wars album although the cover is worn.
Tracklisting:
Side A
1. Main Title and Mountain Visions {2:52}
2. Nocturnal Pursuit {2:28}
3. The Abduction of Barry {4:30}
4. The Arrival of Sky Harbor {4:25}
5. Galactic Force {2:24}
Side B
1. The Conversation {2:21}
2. The Appearance of The Visitors {4:43}
3. Resolution and End Title {6:42}
4. Space Symphony {2:31}
Thanks for these Moogs. I give them a big hug. And you, as always, are my favorite.
ReplyDelete