Thursday, January 15, 2009

Barrie Konicov - Subliminal Insomnia


Barrie Konicov - Subliminal Insomnia

Usually I don't try to put my visitors to sleep on this blog. I hope that everything or at least just about everything I post is exciting and engaging on some level. However with this post, I'm going in a different direction. Maybe one of you is having trouble going to sleep. After listening to this tape, that should not be a problem. You'll never need sleeping pills again. Yes, the intention of this tape is to aid people in going to sleep. But, speaking from personal experience, there are other reasons people can fall asleep easily when listening or hearing this tape.

Barrie Konicov, who regularly releases tapes all containing subliminal messages pertaining to different subjects and who was featured in a previous post, this time attempts to help the listener sleep. As with the previous post, side 1 of the tape has new agey music with sounds of the ocean in the background. The music is actually a little better on this tape than on the Stop Smoking tape. Then on side 2, Barrie does his thing.

The listener is supposed to hear subliminal messages while listening to the music on side 1. I don't hear any messages, but about seven minutes into it, I'm knocked out cold. About side 2, actually I never made it all the way through. I think I'm usually asleep half way into Barrie's message. It may be his voice that does the job. I also get the impression that Barrie may be a bore. He seems to be someone who keeps droning on about whatever he is talking about. Barrie doesn't really need to try to offer suggestions for relieving insomnia. Barrie could talk about anything such as how mortgage rates are calculated or what wine to match with which meat or something interesting like the Dadaist movement for example and the listener could still be asleep in no time from having to listen to Barrie.

(yawn) I think I'm getting sleepy from writing this post. If you need to get some sleep, give this tape a try. I guarantee it will work. (falling on the keyboard zzzzzzzzzzzz)


side 1

1. Subliminal Series {35:19}

side 2

1. Health Series {33:52}

2 comments:

  1. I think something is wrong with my download.

    I listened to this and now I can't fall asleep! Is that how it is supposed to work??

    Darn your basement of curiosities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this guy's tapes...

    ReplyDelete