
Dr. Paul P. Parker - How to Use Tact and Skill in Handling People
Knowing how to deal with people is a valuable skill in all walks of life. It's certainly a neccessity in corporate America, the intended target audience of this record. Having tact and skill in handling people is helpful whether one is trying to sell stuff to customers, wooing people and organizations to secure them as clients, negotiating business deals, getting along with co-workers or managing employees. Handling people is undeniably the most important factor to accomplish corporate America's goal and only reason for its existence: to make more profits.
The cover is revealing for this record's true intentions. There is a small round table with a chess board and chess pieces on it. A chess match is in progress. A captured black chess piece stands off the chess board and a caputured white chess piece also stands off the chess board. There is only one chair. Whoever occupies the chair has the white chess pieces. The one with the black chess pieces does not have a chair. Why is there a chair missing?
The cover is saying that handling people is like being in a chess match. It seems that the other people that are to be handled are the opponents. Specific chess pieces have only certain moves that are allowed in the game. Perhaps there are specific moves to be applied in dealing with different types of people. Strategy is the most important element. It's how to handle (perhaps manipulate) people in getting them to do what you intend. They are the captured chess pieces.
The cover is also subtle in another way. The goal in chess is to capture the opponent's king (the kingdom). Is the cover symbolic in that people in companies are in a real-life chess match? The goal is to capture the real-life equivalent of the opponent's kingdom, the competing company/corporation whether it would be taking it over or just putting it out of business.

Tracklisting:
Side One
1. Discovering Your Ability {3:23}
2. Technical Knowledge Versus Handling People {3:49}
3. How Emotions Affect Behavior {2:51}
4. What People Will Do and Will Not Do {3:17}
5. How to Handle an Argument {3:14}
Side Two
1. Losing Attention {2:53}
2. Taking the Sting Out of Criticism {3:08}
3. Are We Really Salesmen {3:32}
4. Keep In Step With Your Listener {3:38}
5. You Are Worth Half a Million {3:27}
i could really do with this, actually :)
ReplyDeleteThis is actually quite cynical and diabolical. I approve.
ReplyDeleteSplendid! Feel more tactful and influential just by downloading this. I have not yet listened to it though. Wanna make sumpin' out of it???
ReplyDeleteOnly the 10% have what it takes to listen and learn then go on to succeed in life. The rest are losers. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to fly around Maui in my jet helicopter.
ReplyDeleteHi Grey,
ReplyDeleteanother goody from my archive:
"FLIGHT F-I-N-A-L: A dramatic comparison to death" LP
(USA , 1965)
written and produced by Forrest McCullough, Evangelist...
Amazing record of evangelist madness where the journey to heaven is represented by an airflight with religious student as stewardess and chairman as copilot...lots of christian music choirs and absurd prayers.
Ok, that should trigger your appetite.. get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xyxyx04oev9
Is Forrest McCullough known to you?
Enjoy,
aethr
Hi aethr,
ReplyDeleteI used to have a copy of Flight F-I-N-A-L. A few years ago, I got caught up in a perging/spring cleaning frenzy and that copy went. It's one of the few LPs that I regret parting with. I haven't been able to find a copy since then.
Thank you for this one. I would like your blessing to post this neat LP on the main page. If I still had my copy, it would have been the first or second LP to be posted.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I hope that you all become more influential and tactful in your lives and most importantly know how to handle people in your lives, with tact and skill of course.
ReplyDeleteOk Grey, show the world their f-i-n-a-l destination..
ReplyDeleteaethr
show the world their f-i-n-a-l destination..
ReplyDeletefor some people it is ;)