Tuesday, July 1, 2008

W. Cleon Skousen - Instant Insanity Drugs


W. Cleon Skousen - Instant Insanity Drugs

Special thanks to aethr for providing this one in the comments section.

Instant Insanity Drugs was released on the Key Records label, the same label that released Tony Dolan's album, previously posted on this blog. I found out that Key Records was a rightwing outfit affiliated with the John Birsch Society when I did a little research on Skousen's background.

Skousen was an FBI agent before he fully delved into writing conservative commentary. He is known for the book The Naked Communist which is about the evils of communism and their diabolical plans to turn America's children into drugged up commies and immoral blasphemers or something like that. Skousen also served on the faculty at Brigham Young University and active in the Mormon Church of the Latter Day Saints. Skousen tries to educate about the dangers of illegal narcotics or "psychedelic drugs". The guy who wrote the liner notes, Vick Knight, Jr., an assistant superintendent in a school district in Orange County, California, claims that:
Skousen brilliantly unmasks the Timothy Learys among us, the Pied Pipers who tell our youngsters they can "turn on, tune in and drop out" by means of potent weeds and seeds and chemical compounds. He tells why there is no such thing as a "good trip".

Then Vick says this LP should be required listening for every student, parent, educator and law enforcement officer. If enough of us, through this medium, become aware of the potential chromosomal damage and long-lasting psychotic aftereffects of the mind-bending drugs, then perhaps Tommy Forrester, and countless others, will not have died in vain.


Side 1

1. Instant Insanity Drugs Part 1 {22:26}

Side 2

1. Instant Insanity Drugs Part 2 {21:44}

3 comments:

  1. Great you've put them up, and thanks for correcting the errors in the authors names.

    Also like your commentary style, you could be a good radio host or perhaps start your own life improvement records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again thanks for sharing these. I'm glad that I could put them up for all to enjoy. I'm also glad that you're enjoying the commentary.
    I've always wanted to do a stint in radio, but that opportunity never came.
    I would do life improvement records or write life improvement books if I was guaranteed to make over 10% in profit. Granted my ideas on the subject are a little different than the notable names in the field. I'm sure the barriers to entry in the field are nearly insurmountable. The costs of buying airtime for infomercials are now probably high. I can't make it without having available the best means to promote myself and convince gullible people to attend my seminars and buy my crap, er, I mean merchandise.
    The life improvement game would be a good racket to get into if I could make millions. Oh, and it's been a dream of mine to have my own jet helicopter.

    ReplyDelete