Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oklahoma County Commissioner Brent Rinehart's Comic Book

The bandwidth for uploading audio is slow on my end, so I decided to write a different type of post to try it out.

Oklahoma County Commissioner Brent Rinehart is running for reelection this year so he had someone draw a comic book to be used as campaign literature. Brent wrote all of the text. This comic book is being mailed out to people who live in Oklahoma county which is mostly Oklahoma City and its surrounding suburbs. The artwork is very similar to what is in those Jack Chick booklets. The comic book depicts Rinehart's struggles against the forces of evil such as liberal good ol' boys, Satan, and homosexuals. These evildoers are trying to stop the Republican Christian conservative hero from being reelected. The "Roads Scholar" Brent Rinehart displays his amazing grasp of English grammar and spelling.



A local news source obtains the reactions of other local politicians to the comic book. Brent's comic book also is covered in one of the national news outlets. I live in the county that is south of Oklahoma County, so I don't have a vote in the Oklahoma County Commissioner race. Nonetheless, this makes me glad that I don't have to cower in shame when someone asks me where I am from. Have I already mentioned that Oklahoma City now has a major league (National Basketball Association (NBA)) basketball team?

Here's the comic for your reading pleasure.

6 comments:

  1. omg i LOVE stuff like that...what could i do to entice you to send me one?.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME. I wish I had representatives who drew primitive campaign comic books!

    In fairness to Jack Chick, whose tracts are often poorly drawn, they're not as crude (or as interesting) as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kevinass, I'll see what I can do to get my hands on a few copies and perhaps send you one. Hopefully, anyone I know that lives in his district hasn't thrown away a copy.

    guyonlinepgh,
    Someone named Shane Suiters actually drew the comic. This blog supposedly has found pictures and information about this guy.
    Come to think of it, I do agree that the artwork is more interesting and crude than the Jack Chick tracts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i'd love that, thanks! let me know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya,

    Great blog!

    I have addd you to my list at http://music-favourites.blogspot.com/

    Feel free to do the same.

    Cheers,

    Marenqo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliments and for adding my blog to your list of "Cult and Bizarre Music/Sounds/Rarities" links. I would think my blog would have been listed under "Indie" instead of being lumped in with all of the blogs with the weirdo stuff. Oh well. ;)

    I've added your blog to my link list. Hope all goes well with your project. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete