Tom Wopat - Tom Wopat
LP released in 1982 or 1983
It's almost time for Thanksgiving which means it's almost time to visit with relatives whom you wonder how in heck are you related to them and to pig out on turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry, rolls, and probably some strange casserole that one of your relatives concocted. Last year, I posted a tape to help you in hunting down turkeys because I thought it would be a good idea to catch your own turkey (I still do think that's a good idea). Unfortunately, I do not have anything else on hand to aid you in hunting a turkey. Instead I'll post something that qualifies as a turkey (a different kind, of course, not the delicious and edible bird).
This item is Tom Wopat's (a.k.a. Luke Duke) debut album which is a slick slab of country-pop. This LP interested me only because Tom Wopat was one of the leading co-stars on The Dukes of Hazard, a show I watched as a child. I have to admit I am still fond of this television show. Before I wrote this post, I learned with a little astonishment that Tom Wopat is still releasing albums now with uptown jazz and showtunes and he is acting in Broadway plays. It's hard for me to picture him as a urbane sophisticated Broadway crooner as I've always seen him as a roughneck (yet sensitive) always either being chased by law enforcement on dusty back roads or just crusing along in the Dodge Charger jumping over something as this LP may show. For some reason, I've always thought he was like that in real life.
Anyway, enjoy this turkey (if you can) and hope that you have a good Thanksgiving and a delicious real turkey (even if you bought it at the grocery store ;) ). I'll be back sometime next week with more posts.
Tracklisting: (link may be back soon)
Side 1
1. Up on a Hill {3:51}
2. Sha-Marie {3:10}
3. Dreams {2:37}
4. Nobody's Fool {3:57}
5. I'm Not Worth the Hurt {3:43}
Side 2
1. Full Moon, Empty Pockets {2:53}
2. (Til) I Kissed You {3:40}
3. Savannah {3:08}
4. We Had It All {2:28}
5. The Luckiest Man in the World {3:32}
wow. increĆble.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.agggggnes.blogspot.com/