Vanguard Stereolab Test Record
Since this is a blog mostly about audio materials and the distribution of said audio materials and also recently being inspired by the new and worthy blog Stereofound, a post here in the Basement to test your playback system is overdue. This LP includes test tones, signals, and bits of classical music such as the staple "Sabre Dance" that seems to show up on every stereo or audio playback system test record. There may be more of these playback stereo test records posted in the future as I find these types of records interesting. I also want to help ensure that your playback systems work, of course.
Tracklisting:
Note: Both sides of the LP are the same.
1. Introduction {0:21}
2. Left Channel: 15 KC to 30 Cycles (-12 DB Level) {3:11}
3. Right Channel: 15 KC to 30 Cycles (-12 DB Level) {3:14}
4. 1,000 Cycles: Left, right (0 Level) {0:57}
5. 1,000 Cycles: Lateral, Vertical (0 Level) {0:54}
6. Speaker Balancing Signal {0:59}
7. 150 Cycles In Phase, Out of Phase, In Phase {1:01}
8. 3 KC Flutter Test {1:03}
9. 400 Cycles, +8DB, +6DB, +4DB, +2DB, 0 Level {2:02}
10. Chaconne for Organ [excerpt] and Sabre Dance from Gayne Ballet {4:43}
Love those gems, I actually used to tote this album to the local high end stereo hi fi store to try out speakers and such back when that was the thing to do. I went out and bought the Stereo Review approved albums and really gave the gear (and the clerks' patience) a workout. But I did purchase the stuff I was trying...it was just fun to be a "pro" listener, lol...
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for the mention! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great cover and record (mostly the same sounds and bits as all the test record indeed :)
Nice blog! I stumbled upon it just doing a search on this record after I wrote about it on my blog. Since we're pretty much in the same business, I added your link to my sidebar. I look forward to more of your oddball collection!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteAny chance for a reup someday?
Thanks in advance!
thanks for upping the re!
ReplyDeleteI-)
Yes! Thank you for reposting this. Lost vinyl no longer lost!
ReplyDelete