Sunday, May 11, 2008

Stephen Ettinger - Canine Heart Sounds


Stephen Ettinger - Canine Heart Sounds

Produced by EVSCO Pharmaceutical Co., Professional Service Dept. in Association with Stephen Ettinger, D.V.M., Staff Cardiologist, Animal Medical Center, New York City

After a hard day at work, I want to kick back, sip some Cognac and listen to dogs' heart beats and some dude explaining the dogs' heart beats in technical language. Luckily this LP came into my life to deliver what I want. Now if I could find some Cognac.

Side 1
Tracks 1-3 Normal Heart Sounds
Tracks 4-10 Acquired Murmurs


Side 2
Tracks 1-8 Variations in Heart Sounds
Tracks 9-12 Congenital Murmurs


Tracklisting:

Side 1

1. Normal Heart Sounds (1) {2:19}

2. Normal Heart Sounds (2) {0:59}

3. Normal Heart Sounds (3) {0:52}

4. Acquired Murmurs (1) {1:20}

5. Acquired Murmurs (2) {1:58}

6. Acquired Murmurs (3) {1:27}

7. Acquired Murmurs (4) {1:31}

8. Acquired Murmurs (5) {0:54}

9. Acquired Murmurs (6) {1:23}

10. Acquired Murmurs (7) {1:41}

Side 2

1. Variations in Heart Sounds (1) {1:03}

2. Variations in Heart Sounds (2) {0:39}

3. Variations in Heart Sounds (3) {1:04}

4. Variations in Heart Sounds (4) {1:18}

5. Variations in Heart Sounds (5) {1:36}

6. Variations in Heart Sounds (6) {1:23}

7. Variations in Heart Sounds (7) {1:25}

8. Variations in Heart Sounds (8) {1:30}

9. Congenital Murmurs (1) {1:55}

10. Congenital Murmurs (2) {1:08}

11. Congenital Murmurs (3) {0:58}

12. Congenital Murmurs (4) {1:25}

11 comments:

  1. Another great obscurity, thank you!

    I'm wondering if you or any other reader have ever come across an old (1960's I'm thinking) PSA LP entitled "Fortify Your Freedom". It's an entire album of radio spots warning about the Communist menace! It was great material for my old college radio show, before some jerk ripped off our station's copy. I'd LOVE to own a copy, but would settle for a rip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Sorry, I don't have "Fortify Your Freedom". Sounds like a great one though. We can hope some bad karma came to that person that stole your station's copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, this is a great recording, thanks much!

    If you're interested, I also have some
    W. Cleon Skonsen rips, for instance: LSD - Battle for the mind. Which is insanely funny about Johnny that died because of LSD use.. absolutely outrageous recording brought out on his own Bible Voice Inc. label I think.

    Thanks, hope is more will be floating up from the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aethr,
    Yes, that would be great if you could provide anything by W. Cleon Skonsen.

    There should be a new post or two within the next few days. I took a hiatus from blogging the past few weeks to deal with matters offline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, looked it up and have two record rips by our beloved W.Cleon Skonsen, besides the "LSD - Battle for the Mind", also have "Instant Insanity Drugs" on the same topic of course.

    Got them from some p2p network a while back, but it certainly would complement your collection.

    So what is the best way to send these to you?

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Upload them to somewhere like Sharebee (www.sharebee.com) or another file host then post the links here in the comments section.

    I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As promised, uploaded friend Skonsen here:

    Skonsen on LSD

    It contains two albums as mentioned above. I especially like to draw your attention to side two of 'The Battle' having the story of Tommy, not Johnny as I initially mentioned, as it is hilarious!

    If I was into hiphop, I would now say this is dope.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much thanks for these, aethr. Would it be okay with you if I posted these as separate albums on the main page? I would also like to reupload these also separately because 144 MB at one time may be too much to handle for some people.

    I don't have much time right now to listen to them in their entirety, but I was able to listen to snippets of each and they are quite entertaining.

    Oops, the LSD: Battle for the Mind is actually by Willard Cantelon. No problem though.
    That cover rules.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, go ahead, let the world enjoy this marvel.. which sells for $165 for the original LP..

    and yes, you're right it wasn't Skonsen that did the Battle record.. someone got that wrong.. also interesting is that it is from 1966.. quite early.

    If you like this cover, then also visit this site if you haven't already.

    Also at the light of the night blog an audio biography in German of the inventor of LSD Albert Hofmann. Now it might seem that I'm a fan of LSD.. like the record, not the chemical.. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any chance of a re-up on this one? I'd love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete