Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Barrie Konicov - Stop Smoking




Barrie Konicov - Stop Smoking

Almost all of the first side of the tape consists of sounds of the ocean and boring run-of-the-mill easy-listening music. The second side is where Barrie helps you hypnotize and program yourself to not ever pick up a cigarette and light up. You're not supposed to play the second side while driving your car, but Barrie says you can drive while listening to the first side. Barrie's only joking, right? There's no way I would play the first side while driving. I don't want to doze off and crash into someone/something. Supposedly, the first side is supposed to contain subliminal messages within the water sounds and the substandard music. I'm more likely to stay awake with the second side. That's not really saying much though. Barrie does drone on with only the sounds of the ocean in the background.
I wonder how much these "quit smoking" tapes and records really helped someone to kick the habit. I've been fortunate not to have become a cigarette smoker, but I know plenty of people who used to smoke who had struggled mightily to quit. No one I know mentioned any "quit smoking" recording as a factor in aiding to free themselves from this addiction. Maybe a former smoker has used this recording or a similar recording to help kick the habit. Perhaps one of these recordings are helpful for someone trying to quit smoking.

According to Barrie's website, all of the over 160 self-hypnosis tapes designed "to assist you in changing, modifying, and improving your life" contain boring run-of-the-mill easy-listening music and sounds of the ocean on the first side and Barrie hypnotizing you on the second side. Barrie's self-hypnosis tapes covers subjects besides smoking such as acne, astral projection, bust enlargement (gotta track that one down; just to show people there are things like this that actually exist, of course), drugs, goal setting, insomnia, procrastination, remote viewing, study habits, weight loss, etc. It's too bad that there's no self-hypnosis tape for paying your taxes as maybe Barrie could have self-hypnotized himself to not avoid paying his fair share and defrauding the government by telling people how to evade the IRS.

Tracklisting:

Side A

1. Subliminal Persuasion {28:10}

Side B

1. Self-Hypnosis {28:21}

No comments:

Post a Comment