Zenith Radio Corporation - Getting Through: A Guide to Better Understanding of the Hard of Hearing
LP released in 1971
Cool, Just what I needed, a record for people who have problems hearing. The record includes demonstrations on how difficult it is to hear when certain frequencies are not present, guidance for helping people with hearing problems along with "an unfair hearing test" which a form comes included with the record for people to write their answers. Perhaps the previous owner(s) of this LP didn't need a hearing test as my form is unfilled and appears to be in the same condition as it was when this record was released. Gosh, I hope my visitors do not have hearing issues as I do not want anyone to miss out on the educational and entertaining offerings this blog provides. Just in case there are hearing problems, the record provides guidance on selecting a hearing aid. Come to think of it, I'll be needing this record soon as for quite a long time I have been constantly listening to loud music at a higher-than-normal volume level especially that noise stuff from the likes of Merzbow and Wolf Eyes.
Now for some words from Aram Glorig, M.D.:
The ear is truly a marvelous instrument. It can hear sounds which are but a tiny fraction of the sound generated by a dropped pin. And yet it can also cope with sounds which are a million million times louder, and infinitely more complex.The record you are about to hear is an unusual experiment in the field of sound and hearing. It has been made possible by steady progress in a number of fields. In otology, the branch of medicine that deals with the ear. In audiology, the science of hearing. In audiometry, the measurement of hearing. And in electronics, which today permits the precise reproduction of sound.
This material has been prepared for the layman: the hard of hearing, their families and friends. We have used simple language and simple demonstrations to make our points.
We believe that anyone working with the hearing impaired will also find the material useful and informative. In the interest of simplicity of presentation, we have purposely avoided the use of technical terms.
Tracklisting:
Side 1
1. Introduction {1:41}
2. Frequency Range {3:06}
3. Filtered Speech {3:00}
4. An Unfair Hearing Test {5:00}
Side 2
1. How a Hearing Aid Can Help {2:45}
2. Difficult Listening Situations {2:42}
3. Getting Through {4:39}
4. How to Select a Hearing Aid {1:19}
I've suffered from tinnitus for years and would definitely classify myself as "hard of hearing". It's pretty much speech that I have difficulty with, and only certain combinations of consonants, etc. Luckily I don't seem to have any problems with musical frequencies so I can still enjoy music...I don't know how I would get by if I couldn't.
ReplyDeleteI have the same problem, and unfortunately I realized too late that playing live in front of really loud guitar players was the first thing I did wrong (actually there are several wrongs with that scenario).
ReplyDeleteP.S. I guess it's just File Factory that is the problem when it comes to downloading.
Apna Showroom Family Hair Comb Set – 7 Pieces** is a complete grooming kit for every hair type. Includes wide-tooth, tail, styling, and detangling combs. Crafted from strong, break-resistant plastic for smooth brushing and styling. Ideal for men, women, and children. Anti-static and heat-resistant. Perfect for salon use, travel, or home grooming routines. Available in assorted cYouTube video SEO Expert Growth Manager Video Marketing Ranking Expert ninza Vimal Zopozu marketing channel management service SEO youtube video channel Management and YouTube Marketing | Video Ranking on first page on YouTube Google Ranking Viral video increase susbcriber views YouTube video ranking on Vimal Zopozu Fiverr
ReplyDeleteOn Page SEO website ranking Video SEO Expert - Ecommerce SEO Wordpress Shopify wix SEO Yoast Rank Math SEO Expert Off Page SEO Strategy and Rank on First Page Google Services on Fiverr Packages
I will do local SEO and google my business profile ranking king
olors and compact packaging. Maintain healthy, styled hair effortlessly. An everyday grooming essential for families, professionals, and beauty enthusiasts.