
Arshad Mahmud and Majid Khan - Sitar Influence
released on cassette supposedly in 1977
This album reminds me of those Balsara and His Singing Sitars LPs. It sounds like one of those cash-in pop sitar albums chock full of cover songs. I'm not really sure which ones are originals or covers as no credits are given. No liner notes or performer credits are given either (except for Arshad Mahmud and Majid Khan on the cover). It would have helped that this information be included on the release as there is really no substantial information about this release or about Arshad Mahmud and Majid Khan on the internet tubes.
I'm sure that anyone into pop-sitar or space-age lounge instrumental stuff could dig this. All of the songs performed have a slow tempo making suitable for playing while chilling out and trying to impress your cool friends who probably own actual copies of Balsara and His Singing Sitars or Lord Sitar LPs. Along with the sitar, tablas, violins, chimes and flutes can be heard. There is even a cheap-sounding drum machine used on a few tracks ("How Can I Be Happy", "Yesterday Gone", and "I'll Come Along") instead of tablas. It sounds like the drum machine feature on one of those Casio keyboards that cost just a little over 100 bucks at one of the national big-box retailers. The album is really pleasant and charming stuff although most of the time I prefer the more authentic or traditional Indian music.
Tracklisting:
Side One
1. 1/3 {2:38}
2. People {3:38}
3. Free For All {4:16}
4. Good Evening {3:15}
5. Tantalisation {3:24}
6. Hi Tides {4:34}
7. How Can I Be Happy {3:19}
8. Persuasion {3:42}
Side Two
1. Yesterday Gone {4:28}
2. Sometimes In Morning {4:04}
3. Velvet Touch {4:18}
4. Beautiful Day Today {4:22}
5. I'll Come Along {4:04}
6. In Your Arms {3:26}
7. Festival {3:37}
hmmmmm. side two will not load.
ReplyDelete:(
A zip file of zero kb appears instantly on download and contains a blank file... Side one is fine. Thanks for everything!!! Appreciate the hard work.
ReplyDeleteRevRev,
ReplyDeleteI clicked on the link for side two and the 62 MB file for side two loads. It worked for me. You should try again. It should work for you too. Every once in a while, when I want to download something that's on Mediafire, I get the same issue as you did. Usually I try again in around 30 minutes later and the file loads.
Thanks! I tried several times. No good. But I will try again. And again... persistence is my middle name. Well, stubborn really...
ReplyDeleteIt's working!
ReplyDeleteYay for RevRev. :) I knew it would work though it should have worked the first time. BTW, persistence and stubborness are good traits to have.
ReplyDeleteNice groovy stuff. I always look for that faux Eastern sound when I do Ouija® or crystal ball readings. Slowed down a touch this is perfect!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks again!
I bought this cassette in 1977 but lost it somewhere. Wonderful music.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT.
Would love to hear this once you re-up it.
ReplyDeleteJust discovered your blog - really wonderful!!!
Sorry for the long delay. It's re-upped.
Delete. Tic Tac Hair Clips for Women – Apna Showroom
ReplyDeleteAdd charm to your hairstyle with Apna Showroom’s Tic Tac Hair Clips for Women. Made from high-quality plastic and metal, these clips offer a firm grip and stylish look for everyday wear. Available in assorted vibrant colors and designs, they are perfect for school, office, or casual outings. Lightweight, durable, and easy to use,Best SEO Expert on Upwork - On Page SEO Off Page SEO Video SEO Expert - Digital Marketing Expert Upwork
Best SEO Expert on Upwork - On Page SEO Off Page SEO Video SEO Expert - Digital Marketing Expert Upwork
Best SEO Expert on Upwork - On Page SEO Off Page SEO Video SEO Expert - Digital Marketing Expert Upwork
they suit all hair types and ages. Buy now and upgrade your hair accessory collection with these trendy and functional tic tac clips.