Thursday, December 23, 2010

Paul Scheele - Deep Relaxation


Paul Scheele - Deep Relaxation

cassette released in 1993

*note: both sides of the cassette are the same

Are you being stressed out by the holiday season (shopping for gifts, visiting relatives or being lonely because there's no family and friends available, being constantly bombarded by Xmas music, pressure to celebrate accordingly, etc.)? In the spirit of generosity by yours truly, I am offering this item to help you relax from all of the pressures of the holiday season. Yes, this is another present from me to you.

This is not anything subliminal, this is what is called "paraliminal" as the cover says. Dictionary.com nor any other similar dictionary-type site does not give a definition of this term "paraliminal". Apparently "paraliminal" is where a soothing voice can be heard. Then sometime later, two soothing voices from the same person are heard as what happens around the 21-minute mark of the recording. I think it sounds cool and it is my favorite part of the tape. The voice on the tape is by Paul Scheele, founder of an organization called Learning Strategies Corporation. He has produced and released many other "paraliminal" tapes focusing on self-improvement topics.
When you're finished listening to this tape, you should feel refreshed. That's what Mr. Scheele in his calm soothing voice says, so it shall be.

A few tips are provided in the liner notes. They include:

* Use stereo headphones. (If you are using a monaural tape player, place it at your left side.)
* Be in a place without distractions. [Duh.]
* Do not listen to this tape while driving or operating machinery. [Duh.]
* Sit or lie back in a comfortable position when listening.
* Give your attention to the tape. [Duh.]
* Do not force concentration.
* Relax as deeply as you like. You may move on to anything else whenever you desire by simply opening your eyes.
* At times two voices will be speaking simultaneously. At times they may seem to move. [Told you it sounds cool.] It is best not to follow the words of each voice, but go with the flow, rhythm and movement of the voices and sounds.
* HAVE FUN! [Does this mean I should play this at a party? The thought never occurred to me to relax and have fun at the same time.]

I hope all of you have a joyful and deeply relaxing Xmas and/or holidays.


Tracklisting:

1. Deep Relaxation {32:49}

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much!
    You post such fascinating stuff!
    Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to be a mono recording of the left channel only...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the great shares!!! For a while I have wanted to send you something to enjoy, but I had no way to rip things.

    Well, now I've got a little
    'rose thorns & glue' set-up and I am having fun with that... Here's 2 links for YOU, Mr. Grey Calx Dude!!!

    Never seen them on the web & I think they are something you'd like.

    Happy New Year & THANK YOU

    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dg46dtrmv1x18z2

    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3ei53g0xmeg786b

    ReplyDelete
  4. uglyradio,

    Glad you're enjoying what I have to offer.

    -------

    anonymous (Dec. 27, 2010),

    I am on my way home back from spending the holidays with family. I'll dig out my cassette copy and find out if it is the recording on the cassette that is mono. Sorry, you're not getting the full power of "Deep Relaxation". I guess that we'll have to do with half the power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous (Dec. 31, 2010),

    Thanks so much for your offerings of Space Sounds and the 6 Presidents Speak record. I am enjoying both of them although I lean more towards Space Sounds because astronomy interests me a great deal.
    I wonder how many flexi vinyl records were put out by National Geographic. So far, the only two that I know of are "Space Sounds" and the "Songs of the Humpback Whale" (which I posted on my other blog over a year ago).
    I hope that you have a Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah, the record was part of some little box set that included a hardback book and a star chart... i don't think it was included with the actual magazine... although the humback whale record was, i guess? how awesome/amazing to get that in the mail one month, hehehehehe....

    i love that whale record. i had for a while been jealous of these "great musicians" you hear/read/see interviewed & they always say they hear music in their head all the time... why didn't that ever happen to me? ...anyway after a friend played me the whale sounds, i said 'oh yeah, i hear stuff like this in my head all the time, but i just didn't think it counted... yeah & hooray!!'
    ---------------------------

    b/t/w, a propos to your most recent post, i think this is the year you are gonna get some HOT chicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has this been fixed?
    Thanks, dear record genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stainless Steel Lice Remover Comb – Apna Showroom
    Apna Showroom offers a premium Stainless Steel Lice Remover Comb that effectively removes lice and nits without causing hair breakage. Designed with closely spaced, rounded teeth for gentle yet deep combing, it is safe for kids and adults. Its anti-slip grip ensures better control, and the rust-proof material ensures durability. Say goodbye to chemical-based lice treatmentsApna Showroom Dressing Hair Comb for Men, Kids, Girls, Ladies And Women
    Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice Combs for Women and Girls (Multicolour) with desent look
    Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Combs for Men and Women Lice and nit removal comb, travelling comb Shampoo combs hair comb for women or girls kids comb mens set- Pack Of 3
    . Opt for this eco-friendly, reusable comb for complete head hygiene. Add to your grooming kit today for lice-free, healthy, and itch-free scalp care.

    ReplyDelete