Thursday, February 14, 2008

Erotica, The Rhythms of Love



Erotica, The Rhythms of Love

Celebrate Valentine's Day, Basement style with this "experimental high fidelity recording featuring the sounds and rhythms of erotic love."




This is supposed to be a recording of the deed or a simulated version of it which is what I think it is. There's creaking bedsprings, moans and someone playing the bongos. I guess the bongos are supposed to help provide the rhythms of love. It sounds more silly than sexy. There certainly was a market for this sort of thing back in the day since the Fax Records label put out other releases dealing with the um, rhythms of love. The US Postal Service once found this particular LP obscene. I wonder how many copies of this record were sold and who bought those copies. It's another fascinating find on vinyl.


Side 1

1. Erotica, The Rhythms of Love side 1 {14:20}

Side 2

1. Erotica, The Rhythms of Love side 2 {13:37}

8 comments:

  1. a lurvely lp......it's bizarre, but i have some of these!! do you have the sin-thesizer music for lovers, a to zzzzzz? (the title's sumpin like that) a great blog, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know which one you're talking about. Sorry, I don't have it. I wish I did.
    Glad you're enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bizarre! Love the pseudo-mexican she doing it with!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I would love to read or hear the story behind the making of this record from the folks who came up with the idea and who made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the posting. This is a classic. Play it so the neighbors can hear it - early in the afternoon. You will get new respect in the elevator. If you live in a house surrounded by land - move to a New York City tenament just for this experience. How can you be obscene if you are not heard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting history, of what little i know, but having a hard time trying to make it through a full side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this.
    Absolutely beezarre!!!!!

    ReplyDelete