Dr. Milton I. Levine and Melba Rae - A Child's Introduction to Sex
Note: I recently bought a new computer because my old computer simply bit the dust. I am still in the process of reorganizing my personal digital collections and I have yet to install the programs I need to rip LPs and cassettes and convert formats. I was fortunate to find something I've already put up before my old computer crashed. So, here it is.
I wish that I could have first learned about sex from an LP record. How cool would that be? Thus instead, I ended up learning about sex from another source, one that has pictures sans clothing if you know what I mean. I suppose I could pretend to forget all I know and listen to this record in an attempt to simulate the experience. Nah, who am I kidding? It will never work and it sounds wrong anyway.
At least, some people had an opportunity to learn about sex from a record since I imagine, here in America, a majority of parents were (and perhaps still are) uncomfortable explaining the subject. It may have been an act of bravery in the "good ol days" to even have a copy of this record in one's possession. Dr. Levine, Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center at the time of this record's release, and soap opera actress Melba Rae adequately explain the process of how babies are made and the body parts used for making babies. This one is recommended for those who are not comfortable talking about it to children.
Tracklisting: (link may be back soon)
Side 1
1. A Child's Introduction to Sex {9:44}
Side 2
1. A Child's Introduction to Sex continued {8:55}
oh my god
ReplyDeletecan;t wait to sample this
My, oh my...I haven't been here in a while and look at all the stuff I've missed.
ReplyDeleteThanks in advance.
KL in NYC
You really are the best...
ReplyDeleteWe're does he get those wonderful toys?
I don't comment often, but you are celebrated.
You just keep on amazing me, I really envy your collection. Keep it comming :)
ReplyDelete