
Mirror Image - Disco Noel
You know what would be cool for the holiday, umm I mean Christmas season? How about a retro-style Christmas party to spice up what would otherwise probably be yet another lame ass Christmas party at the office or with your friends or family. Let's assume that you decide to make it a Christmas party as it was in the late 1970s because the 70s totally rocked or something like that. The 70s had the most memorable short-lived trends in the area of fashion so the host(s) and guest(s) of the party could dress up in 70s clothes mixing the outrageous colors, styles and designs with seasonal colors and accessories of course like a pin or something else with Santa, a snowman or a reindeer on it.
Now that it's been decided that those attending the party are dressing like they're back in the 70s, the next thing that's needed is the background music. Obviously, the music should be only Christmas music because Santa is the reason for the season. The problem is there is not anything in the CD (or record or tape or MP3 collection) that sounds dated from the 70s. You don't want to play Mannheim Steamroller. Not only is it from the wrong decade (80s), but yuck. The idea is to come up with a livelier and more memorable Christmas party. So what the heck are we going to play at this 70s theme Christmas party? Oh, the dilemma.
Lucky for you, I have the solution to your problem. I have this rekkid here by some group called Mirror Image. It is a collection of disco versions of everyone's favorite traditional Christmas carols. Now you can do Saturday Night Fever John Travolta moves to such tunes as "Jingle Bells", "Winter Wonderland", "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and more. I'm sure this is what the DJs were rocking at the Studio 54 Christmas party back in the day so your party will absolutely be the place to be with the sweet ass disco music.
Uh oh, I just saw that this LP is only a half hour long. So, I either do highly recommend making the party short (this would apply to office parties as I'm sure the management would like to see everyone getting back to doing their part to increase productivity and the company's profit margin) or having a lot of alcohol available (this is for grown up parties outside of the office only (unless you work for a really cool and lax company) and I know that only grown ups would be willing to have retro theme Christmas parties anyway while the kids (both cool and dorky) think that such concepts are lame). Quite a bit of alcohol will most likely be consumed when this LP ends so playing it over again shouldn't really be a problem as no one will really notice that the same songs are being played over again. I think that the same songs are repeated at Christmas parties anyway and people usually become drunk out of their minds.
I do hope you take me up on my suggestion. I know you'll thank me later when that Christmas party that you reluctantly either attend or throw turns out to be the most unforgettable ever.
Merry Christmas!
Seasons Greetings!
Side 1
1. Sleigh Ride {2:13}
2. Jingle Bells {3:10}
3. Jingle Bell Rock {3:20}
4. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town {3:08}
5. Joy to the World {3:02}
Side 2
1. Little Drummer Boy {4:04}
2. Winter Wonderland {3:33}
3. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer {3:34}
4. Silver Bells {3:43}
No comments:
Post a Comment